Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer In Dublin

Well to any of you sweltering in the heat during what may be a fantastic summer. Let me assure you, I left New York in the heat and humidity of a July day, and landed in the wet and windy Dublin. I thought it was November, and asked an air hostess, "exactly how long was that flight?"!!!


Needless to say, when the weather is good, its hard to be cooked up in a studio, so Im not too upset at the fact that the weather is not great at the moment. Once it is finished, I will want some blue skys, sun and a farmers sun tan!! 
Things are going great with the album so far. The orchestra came in on the weekend and added what I can only describe as "lush" to the project. I am without doubt positive that this will be the best album I have recorded to date. Between big belters to soft ballads, I truly believe this is the album for EVERYONE! 
Between today and tomorrow I will be working with my creative team on the album design and lay out. So pictures are been taken and there is a definite theme to the cover. They really are incredible with the ideas, and anything I throw at them, all I get in response is "Sure, no problem". Its fantastic to be back in the driving seat and creating again. Tomorrow is the final photo session, so happy about that. Ive never been and never will be, comfortable in front of the photo camera.


Saturday, my cousin is getting married, so all the family will be at that. Aside from my Uncle, whom you have all been praying for in recent days. He got bad news and will be operated on this Thursday. He is a young man, thats full of life and humor. So the thought of anything happening him would never have crossed our minds. We are a very close family. So naturally, we are all devastated, however, we are remaining positive. My Grandma at 92 is reminding us all that life is to be fought for. And my Uncle will fight. 
On a brighter note, we shall all attend the wedding to support my cousin and wish her well as she sets out in life with her groom to be! 
Sunday I shall play golf with my old school friends before the final week of recordings in Dublin. 
The final stage is me and the choir. I am so psyched to get into do my actual vocals. I have prepared like a prize fighter for this, and all I want is the bell to ring. I am also very excited about the choir that coming in. Fantastic group and they will add that extra umph to the songs. 
All going well I will be finished on Wednesday, and I can finally relax. Knowing that all I can do is done!


The tour dates that have been announced are selling well, but could of course be doing better. So if your in the area of the announced dates, please please please spread the word. The better the tour goes, the better my chances are for many other things in the future. If it fails, I'll be heading back to Ireland!! No pressure!!!!! 
With regard to other cities. There are approximately another 6 to be announced. I know I said I would be announcing another couple today, but I actually did that yesterday. I jumped the gun as I am as excited as you all are! So from now on, as I hear about them, you shall hear! 
I know there are a lot of people asking will I be coming to their town, but obviously, i wont be able to on this tour. However, as I said earlier, if this tour goes well, then there is a strong possibility of a Spring tour, which would be bigger and wider! So lets  all hope for the best! I believe in you all. You have never let me down before. 


Between the new album and the upcoming tour, and without the comfort of Celtic Thunder to fall back on, I need you more than ever. All I can say is, that this is the biggest gamble I have ever taken on myself. I have taken it because I know you will all be there for me. 


I thank you in advance for everything. I am doing it all with you in mind. I hope you will be happy with the results. 


Keep well 
My Loves 
My Doves 
My Eggs! 


Paul 
xxx   

13 comments:

  1. Paul, I read this and think "how can he worry about success?" You're such a professional, and such an extraordinary singer. Your CT fans already know that, and by the end of the year thousands of new fans will know as well. But...I understand also - this is a BIG DEAL!!!! So Proud of You!! And yes, of course, I'm spreading the word. Enjoy enjoy enjoy :)

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say THANK YOU for sharing this adventure with us, the ups and the downs.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, thank you for the blog, I always enjoy reading what you keep us up-to-date on. Best of luck to you as you go about creating your album... I can't wait to hear it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul.
    Your are F...A...N...T..A..S...T..I..C ...
    Like Damian says..B...E...L...I...E...V...E...

    Take care and God bless
    Luv Ya
    Charlotte A Patton (MomMomCharlotte)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's to a successful tour, and the hopes that your agency finally post your tour as they have not said anything on twitter as of yet! Hope you will be near enough that I can attend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paul, you are awsome, and your voice is amazing. Ofcoure we will support you in What ever you endeavor. I'm very happy to hear that you are comming to Seattle. I am very excited. untill then, the wait is going to be torcher! Thank-you for letting us be a part of your success and sharing that Beautiful voice with us. Highest Reguards- Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will be praying for your uncle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for all the up-dates sounds like everything is going well on the album part. Your uncle is in my prayers, hope everything goes well. I'm from a very close family also and it is very important to away look at the bright side of things. Just remember after the storm there is always a rainbow. I can't wait for your tour!!! See you in Connecticut in November.
    Sending you all my love <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paul have no fear I feel pretty confident saying we will LOVE the album. Not to mention the tour. Although you're not coming anywhere near me yet. Crossing fingers that one of the last dates to be announced will be near me. Thank you for sharing this journey with us. I have enjoyed reading about your journey from CT to solo artist. I know that took a big leap of faith but I predict it'll be well worth it and you will have much success :)

    I'll say a prayer for your uncle. Just keep a positive outlook on things. And more importantly, keep him positive. I firmly believe that can help.

    Best of luck with the tour and album. Can't wait to hear the album. I, like your mom, an dying to know what songs will be on it but I guess I'll just have to wait.

    Sending you big hugs from Texas,
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will keep your uncle in my thoughts and prayers.

    Don't ever, ever give up. We are always behind you. I don't know that I'll get to physically attend this time around, but I will definitely be there in spirit. I absolutely can't wait until your album comes out!

    As other have said before me, thanks for sharing.

    P.s. Love the pic there at the end; and you could have fooled me about not being comfortable infront of a camera. >)

    Tiffiny H.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Paul,

    Thanks again for the lovely blog. You are so good about sharing your dreams with us and the fears that go along with pursuing them. We as fans could not ask for more from someone we love as a performer and as a person. I'm amazed at the openness of your blogs and it's a privilege to be a part of the process as you share with us every step of the way. I'm already planning 2 shows that involve a wee bit of travel (1/2 way across the country) and plan another one as soon as I find out how close you will be to St Louis. First tix are bought so bring on the other venues & there will be more.

    I'm very sorry to hear of your uncle's struggles, but be assured we are all praying for him every day. If you could throw in a few for a dear friend of mine as well I'd appreciate it. Also a young man with a monumental struggle ahead.

    Can't wait to hear the album and see you again on your solo tour.

    ciao for now,
    pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for taking some time from your busy schedule to write this blog. You do sound very excited, if a little nervous, about the next few months. You are right - we are all here behind you. And, I know that all those who live near enough to your gigs will be there with shining, supportive smiles for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, just bought tickets for your 11/17 show. You are, quite literally, my Christmas present. Had to purchase a $90 membership in order to get the front row seats I wanted. No pressure!!! tee hee But that's how much I believe this will be a wonderful show. See you in November.

    ReplyDelete